Well, sadly, I was waiting for Marty and the Doc to come blasting down my street yesterday 21/10/15 – but alas, It didn’t happen ;)
I thought it was a fitting time though to share a few facts about the iconic DeLorean.
Please feel free to share any other Back to the future titbits you have in the comments
1. The actual model name is the DMC-12, so-called because the company wanted to sell the car for $12,000. Production changes more than doubled the price to $25,000.
2. DeLorean Motor made about 9,200 cars between 1981 and 1982, all in its factory in Belfast, Ireland.
3. Early investors included comedian Johnny Carson and singer Sammy Davis Jr.
4. US law at the time mandated that the speedometer only go to 85 mph.
5. DeLorean produced enough spare parts to support 10 years' worth of production and expected to make 25,000 cars a year.
You can see a vid about the restoration of the original car here…