So, is a phone dead after getting wet? Well, no actually - not always at least. It amazes me how many of our clients actually drop their phone in the toilet! - How does that even happen?? So, speed is the issue here. The longer the phone stays wet, the less chance you'll have of resuscitating it.
It's imperative that you remove the battery and sim card straight away. DO NOT TRY AND TURN THE PHONE ON!
Never be tempted to try using a hair dryer on it as the heat can and WILL damage critical components in the phone.
With the front/rear cover removed shake as much water out of it as you can, then apply either compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to it for a few minutes. What your are aiming for here is some is some air flow over the components to dry them out. You can simply dry the battery off using a clean dry cloth.
Now, here's the magic. Place the phone, still in pieces, into a bowl of uncooked white rice. Make sure it is completely covered, and leave it over night. Remove the phone from the rice after approx. 24 hrs, reapply some compressed air or vacuum to remove any rice dust. Replace the battery and sim card , and Wallah! You're phone should fire up, AND you've just saved yourself $190.00. You're welcome ;)
If you're phone won't start after following these tips, then there's a pretty good chance that it is beyond repair.
Don't forget to follow us on FaceBook -
And YouTube -
See you next time..
Pete - Precision.